Smoked Turkey wings Recipe – 100% easy and Tasty
The best smoked Turkey wings - A step-by-step guide
Make your dinner guests with this mouth watering smoked turkey wings recipe! You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make this tasty dish that is full of flavor from the smokey goodness of turkey wings. Get ready to impress your family and friends when they get their first bite of this unforgettable meal prepared by you!
What Are Smoked Turkey Wings
Turkey wings are a delicious and versatile cut of poultry that can be used to make a variety of dishes. When smoked, the wings take on an especially delectable flavor that will tantalize your taste buds with every bite. This smoked turkey wings recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household! In this article, you’ll learn how to make the best smoked turkey wings with this smoked turkey wings recipe.
- 4-5 pound of fresh or frozen turkey wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- salt and pepper
For Brine (optional)
- 5 cups of water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 2 table spoons dark brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
Get the best flavors by following this simple yet scrumptious smoked turkey wings recipe instructions:
- If using frozen turkey wings, allow them to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before beginning your recipe.
- If desired, prepare a brine for the wings by combining all of the brine ingredients in a large pot over medium-high heat and stirring until salt and sugar have dissolved completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely before adding turkey wings (this step is optional).
- Once wings are thawed or removed from brine, pat dry with paper towels. Place wings in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, oregano leaves, salt and pepper. Mix together until all of the wings are evenly coated in seasonings.
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (or according to manufacturer’s instructions)
- Arrange the turkey wings on the grate so that they are not touching each other or overlapping too much; this will ensure even cooking throughout.
- Smoke for 2-3 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by an instant read thermometer inserted into thickest part of wing without touching bone (this could take longer depending on size of wings).
- Once desired temperature is reached, remove turkey wings from smoker and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Smoked turkey wings can be served as an appetizer, main course, snack or used in other dishes such as sandwiches, salads, soups and more. Serve them hot off the grill with sides like coleslaw, macaroni salad, baked beans and cornbread.
- Add a twist to your classic mac and cheese dish by incorporating the flavors of this smoked turkey wings recipe into it!
- For something different, try shredding up the cooked smoked turkey wings from this smoked Turkey wings recipe to top off nachos or a pizza.
- If you don’t have a smoker, you can still make delicious smoked turkey wings by using your oven!
- If you’re using a charcoal smoker, add more coals every hour or so to maintain the desired temperature.
- To keep your wings from drying out while smoking, spritz them with apple juice or white wine every 30 minutes.
- Marinating the wings in Italian dressing for 1–2 hours before cooking will give them extra flavor and help keep them moist during the smoking process.
Serving Size: 3 oz (85 g)
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
- Sodium: 600mg
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Protein: 24 g
Smoked turkey wings can be a delicious, nutritious part of any meal. They are high in protein and low in fat, making them an ideal choice for those looking to maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, they contain several essential vitamins and minerals that can help promote overall health. Here are some of the potential health benefits of this smoked turkey wings recipe :
- Low Fat Content: Turkey wings have less than 2 grams of fat per 3–ounce serving which makes them a great choice for those looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Vitamin B12: Smoked turkey wings are an excellent source of vitamin B12, which helps keep your energy levels up and supports the production of red blood cells.
- Zinc: Turkey wings are also high in zinc, which is essential for proper immune system functioning and can help with wound healing and tissue repair.
Frequently asked questions
- Q: What kind of seasoning is best for smoked turkey wings? A: There are many different kinds of seasonings that you can use to give your smoked turkey wings flavor. Some popular seasonings include garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder and dried herbs such as oregano or basil. You can also experiment with different combinations to find what tastes best to you!
- Q: Is it safe to eat smoked turkey wings? A: Yes, it is safe to eat smoked turkey wings. However, you should always make sure that the internal temperature of the meat reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 Celsius) as instructed in this smoked Turkey wings recipe. This will ensure that any bacteria has been killed and your food is safe to consume.
- Q: How long can I store smoked turkey wings? A: Smoked turkey wings can be stored in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. If you wish to keep them longer than this, they can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw them fully before reheating.
Whether you‘re looking for an impressive appetizer or main course, this smoked turkey wings recipe has everything you need to satisfy your taste buds! You‘ll love how quickly and easily you can create a delicious dish using this smoked turkey wings recipe. If you are looking to try another delicious recipe, check out Buffalo Wild Wings Street Tacos Recipe
- Charcoal or wood chips
- Large bowl or container
- Grill tongs
- Basting brush